✅ Andreu Genestra. Chef and owner of the Restaurant Andreu Genestra in Hotel Son Jaumell, Chef of the Restaurant Aromata with 1 Michelin ⭐ and advisor of the Restaurant Bala Roja in Hotel Es Príncep.
▷ In a Snapshot
Love for what it does. Traditional Mallorcan haute cuisine with new techniques and a final touch of innovation, with top quality local ingredients, is the symbol of cuisine with its own signature. Easy to identify and difficult to imitate.
1. CREATIVITY. What have you done to keep it active?
I have listened to much from the sound of silence to spending time reading and reviewing past material, preserving techniques and recipes that still surprise people today.
2. YOUR PLAYLIST. Those songs and the book that have accompanied you in the confinement…
I’ve listened to a lot of Spanish indie in general, but also classical BSO music.
And I have been reading ¨Reina del Sur”, by Arturo Pérez Reverte
3. TALENT. What has been created from this confinement? Any new concepts? Any new dishes that we can enjoy in your restaurant?
The value of the vegetable, to understand more the base materials: from simplicity and above all the treatment of them. A new dish will be related to the sea and vinegar.
4. ADDED VALUE. We have seen that you have continued to cook rich recipes for those at home and for your followers on the social media, but what have you missed these days?
I have missed the warmth of the clientele, being able to be with the team, the daily stress, and the opening of the Andreu Genestra restaurant which we spend a lot of time on during the closed winter season.
5. ANDREU GENESTRA RECOMMENDATION. What dish do you think people should try when they go to your restaurants?
The king of the crown? I do not despise any dish that we have in our gastronomic offer, from a simple appetizer to a dessert deserves to be tried.
✨ HIDDEN TIPS.
Andreu Genestra, tells us his Hidden recommendations to enjoy a real experience in Mallorca.
Must go to: A food market, a bar in Sa Pobla, its wood oven, the Monastery of Sant Honorat… with all that you can taste the real island.
Must to do: Sailing with a llaüt along the Llevant or Tramontana coast.
Must to see: Sunset from the restaurant Bens d’ Avall…